Terms & conditions
Terms & Conditions
These are the terms and conditions on which we supply products to you from our website at salfordrum.com
- Information about us and how to contact us
- Our contract with you
- Once you have confirmed your order, we will send you an acknowledgement email verifying your payment method and we will send you an order acceptance. At this point a contract will be in existence between you and us.
- If we are unable to accept your order, we will inform you of this in writing and will not charge you for the product. This might be because the product is out of stock; or because of unexpected limits on our resources which we could not reasonably plan for; or we have reason to believe that you or the person the order is to be sent to is under the age of 18.
- Our products
- Delivery of the products
- We endeavour to ensure that the products that you order are provided by the agreed delivery date and, where applicable, time. However, delays could occur due to unforeseen circumstances. Neither us nor our nominated carrier shall be under any liability for any delay or failure to deliver the products within the estimated time frame for reasons outside of our or their control.
- The risk of loss and damage of the products passes to you on the date and time of delivery of the products.
- No changes can be made to the delivery address after the product has been made.
- Price and payment
- If the rate of VAT changes between your order date and the date we supply the product, we will adjust the rate of VAT that you pay, unless you have already paid for the product in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect.
- We accept payment with ShopPay and Paypal accepted cards. You must pay for the products before we dispatch them. We will not charge your credit or debit card until we dispatch the products to you.
- The prices shown on the website do not include postage and packaging charges; these will be shown separately on our website at the checkout stage before you place your order.
- Returning the products
You can, at any time within 14 days of receiving the products from us return any products to us. You must post the product back to us at Salford Rum
33 Viaduct St, Salford M3 7WX
or (if they are not suitable for posting) allow us to collect them from you. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange collection. If you are exercising your right to change your mind you must send off the products within 14 days of telling us you wish to end the contract. These return terms do not affect your legal rights in respect of faulty, incorrect or damaged products, which you will be entitled to return in accordance with your rights set out under the heading "Your legal rights to cancel the contract (faulty products)" below.
Once you decide to return the products, you must not use them and you must take reasonable care of them while they remain in your possession. The products must be returned to us intact, unused and undamaged as soon as reasonably possible. We will refund you the price paid for the products returned using the payment method you used when purchasing the products within 14 days' of receiving your return.
Provided you have notified us in writing that you wish to cancel your order under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013, and the return of your products also meets the terms of this part 6, you will be entitled to a full refund including basic delivery cost (such costs equal to the least expensive delivery method costs that we offer), if applicable. We may also reduce your refund of the price of the products (excluding the costs of delivery) if you have failed to take reasonable care of the products, whether whilst in your possession, or when returning the products by way of compensation, to either repair the products or cover any of our loss caused by the damage.
- Your legal rights to cancel the contract (non-faulty products)
- We are under a legal duty to supply products that are in conformity with these terms. See the summary below of your key legal rights in relation to the products. Nothing in these terms will affect your legal rights.
- Separately to your contractual rights to return products within 14 days, UK, ROI and EU customers enjoy cancellation rights under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013. If you wish, you may notify us via email@example.com informing us that you have changed your mind in respect of the order, and that you wish to cancel your contract before the end of the statutory cancellation period (14 days from the next working day after you receive the product). If you do change your mind, and want to cancel the contract before the end of the statutory cancellation period, you may complete the Withdrawal Form here and return it back to us. You will find details on how to send this back to us on the Withdrawal Form itself, or you can cancel your order by forwarding the Withdrawal Form by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You must then return the products to us within 14 days of giving us notice of your cancellation/withdrawal in the manner specified in Part 6 to receive your refund.
- Summary of your key legal rights
The Consumer Rights Act 2015 states that products must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality. Your legal rights entitle you to cancel the contract between us and 1 (or more) of the following remedies, depending on when you notify us:
- within 30 days'- if your products are faulty, then you can get an immediate refund.
- up to six (6) months'- if your products are faulty and cannot be repaired or replaced, then you may be entitled to a full refund, in most cases.
- up to six (6) years'- if your products do not last a reasonable length of time, within a period of six (6) years', you may be entitled to a part refund.
If you require detailed information in respect of your key legal rights, please visit the Citizen Advice website www.adviceguide.org.uk or call 03454 040 506.
If you wish to exercise your legal rights to reject products, you must either post them back to us or (if they are not suitable for postage) allow us to collect them from you. We will pay the costs of postage or collection if the products are faulty.
- Our rights to end the contract
- you do not make any payment to us when it is due and you still do not make payment within 14 days of us reminding you that payment is due;
- you do not, within a reasonable time of us asking for it, provide us with information that is necessary for us to provide the products; or
- you do not, within a reasonable time, allow us to deliver the products to you or collect them from us.
- We may write to you to let you know that we are going to stop providing the product. We will let you know at least 7 days in advance of our stopping the supply of the product and will refund any sums you have paid in advance for products which will not be provided.
- If there is a problem with the product
- Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
- How we may use your personal information
- Other important terms
- The intellectual property rights in all software and content made available to you on or through the website is our property or the property of our licensors and all such rights are reserved by us and our licensors. You are not permitted to publish, manipulate, distribute or otherwise reproduce, in any format, any of the content or copies of the content supplied to you or which appears on the website nor may you use any such content in connection with any business or commercial enterprise.
- 'THE SALFORD RUM COMPANY LIMITED' is a trade mark belonging to us and no license or consent is granted to you to use this mark in any way, and you agree not to use this mark or any marks which are colourable similar without our written permission.
- If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date. For example, if you miss a payment and we do not chase you but we continue to provide the products, we can still require you to make the payment at a later date.
- Please note that disputes may be submitted for online resolution to the European Commission Online Dispute Resolution platform
Spiced Rum EXperience
Nestled under the Salford railway lines, just a stones throw from Manchester city centre is The Dirty Old Town Distillery, home to Salford Rum and the Spiced Rum Experience.
We hope Salford Rum fans, seasoned rum aficionados, or cocktail lovers, will enjoy this up close and personal opportunity to sample our rums first hand, in the distillery where they're made and learn about the history of spiced rum & our journey so far.
Our Spiced Rum Experience, run by close friend of the brand and award-winning mixologist Jamie Stephenson, lasts around 90 mins and includes:
• Guided tasting of all our rums
• Three expertly mixed rum cocktails
• Insight into the history of rum
and spices through Salford Docks
• The story of how a drunken idea
turned in to Salford Rum
• Q&A Session
•10% discount off purchases in our rum shop
After your experience, the shop and bar will be open for you to enjoy a few more tipples if you wish, and there is a great selection of pubs nearby, including The Blackfriar, The Eagle Inn, The Kings Arms and many more, or wander into MCR city centre just a 10 minute walk away.
Over 18s only.
To book a private experience or corportate event, please email email@example.com. Hen & Stag Dos can be accommodated.
Our Rum Experience and vouchers are non-refundable. In the unfortunate event that you cannot attend your booking we will happily transfer you to an alternative date. However, we require a minimum of 7 days notice. Unfortunately, we cannot transfer bookings with less than 7 days notice before the event.
Willow is our 380L column still. The name Willow was chosen by Salford resident Paul Sly and is a reference to the willow trees that grow alongside the banks of the River Irwell that flows through our great city. Salford itself is named after the very same Willow trees, originally derived from the Anglo-Saxon Sealhford "sallow-tree ford".
The Willows was also the name of the stadium that was the home of Salford Rugby League from 1901 - 2011.