With Pancake Tuesday just a week away, we've been experimenting with our Dark Spice rum and we think we have stumbled upon a winner with these dark spiced rum pancakes with caramelised banana (and rum) sauce.
- 100g plain flour
- 2 medium eggs
- 275ml milk
- 50ml Salford Dark Spice
- 40g butter
- 75g light brown soft sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 bananas
- 1 scoop vanilla ice cream
- Blend the flour, eggs, milk and 25ml of Dark Spice rum in a blender.
- In a large frying pan, heat a small amount of the pancake batter over a medium heat.
- Add approximately 50ml of batter and cook for one minute on each side until golden brown
- Repeat until you have 4 pancakes. Set them aside and keep them warm.
- Add the butter, sugar, cinnamon and salt to a frying pan over a medium heat, until the ingredients have combined and the mixture starts to bubble
- Chop the bananas into thick chunks and add them to the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes, shaking the pan to coat the bananas.
- Add the final 25ml of Salford Dark Spice (or more to taste) and shake the pan to coat the bananas.
- Arrange the pancakes on a plate with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and top it with the banana with caramelised rum sauce.
Enjoy! And don't forget to tag us on Instagram with your own efforts.